I usually have pictures for the first day of school. Unfortunately this year I had a gliched with my camera and seemed to have deleted them when I thought they were on the computer already. I did have to share my first day of school experience anyway! This year I have four in school. All of them come home at different times. Layne in the early release at the elementary, Avery is a half hour later. Andersen is in Middle School and Braxton is in High School. Layne comes home first, Braxton about 15 minutes later. Andersen next and Avery a few minutes after Andersen. I have decided I really like this. It gives me a few minutes of one on one with each of them as they come home. Layne only had a half a day on the first day of school so she was home with me. First comes Braxton. I tried to ask how things went. Pretty much got the one word answer stuff. Good, fine etc... He went down to the TV and started watching a show. I followed him and sat by him. "How are your teachers". "Fine". He was not much interested in sharing more details. Andersen comes in pretty soon after this. I try my same approach. "Where's the peanut butter and jelly, I am hungry", is about all I could get from him. Finally I go sit out on our front porch waiting for Avery who will soon arrive on the bus. It soon pulls up and stops and I quickly see Avery hop off and come running across the street over to where I am sitting. Without hesitation she pulls her backpack off places it on the steps and plops down right next to me. The next thing I know I am hearing a detailed description of her teacher, what she did in art, what she ate for lunch and who she played with at recess. With a big smile on my face the whole time. I thought, now here is one difference between boys and girls. I sure love my sweet Avery.
Really I do love them all :)