Monday, December 3, 2012
A Good Receiver!
I had the chance to listen to the special Christmas Devotional that is given by the first Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints last night. President Uchtdorf spoke of being a good receiver and as I listened to that talk I could not help think of a special gift given last year with an even greater receiver. Avery, as Christmas was getting closer wanted so bad to do a gift for her brothers. She decided she would think of everything they liked and do a poster. I, thinking the worst, imagined my teenage boys making fun of the gift not appreciating her unique thoughtfulness. I tried in a nice way to persuade her to think of something different. Needless to say, she wasn't persuaded. She finished her simply cut and past poster. I just hoped that her feelings would not be hurt. Come Christmas morning they excitedly unwrapped the gifts. My heart smiled as they lovingly told her what a good job she did and she had put such good things on them. Braxton impressed me by hanging his up above his bed and it still hangs there today. There are days I struggle with knowing that my kids love each other :) but it is in these little moments that I know it is there and know we can feel that love and joy forever!